Monday, April 15, 2002

Ahh, it must be the 15th today because there was a huge line of people outside the Check Cashing place today cashing their Welfare checks. Looked kind of a fun thing to do, what with the reggae being blasted and all the dope smoking that was going on.

Was gonna post my long exegesis on the Mid East conflict (post that later ton ight, sometime before "Angel" comes on) but as today's going about as well as others, it's rant time.

-Publishing company that keeps on pulling the football from me, let's just call them the Lucy Publishing Company, still hasn't gotten back to me. The e-mail about the job was like this random e-mail that got sent to me out of nowhere and without any context. Which makes me think:
a)They had a meeting and decided to get the ball finally rolling, but then had another meeting in which they decided they still didn't know what to do and instead of letting me know what the deal was just kind of forgot about me. Like all the other time's they said they were about to make a decision.
b)The e-mail was sent like six month's ago when their server was acting all screwy and it finally got to me. Why they haven't told me that it was an old e-mail, well, see above.
c)They were all really bored and in a bad mood at the Lucy Publishing Company, and not knowing how to get out of their mood, all sat around and decided to fuck with me. They knew how much I wanted that job and how hard I worked to get it and everytime they held something out to me, I chased it like a dog chasing a ball, so basically they're all just sitting around laughing at me once again.

-Went to go see a comedy group over the weekend about doing volunteer work for them. When I got there, I realized it was actually kind of an interview type thing. Ugh, but whatever. Supposed to hear back from them about anything today, but haven't as of yet. Considering I even offered to just serve coke during their performances, I'd thought I'd hear at least something. I know, I know, it's probably a little too early to be flying off the handle, but I have been unemployed for seven months and I get a little paranoid about these things (see above). And what a confidence builder not getting a volunteer position is. Not getting it is like when you're at a high school dance and striking out with every girl you ask to dance. "Stairway" comes on and you know it's the last song, so you go and ask the zit-ridden fat girl to dance and even she turns you down. That's what I'm feeling like now.

-For some reason, I keep all my notes and phone numbers and stuff like that on a pad of paper by my computer. For some reason, everytime I go to write something, it's never the same pad of paper. It's always a different pad of paper and I can't figure out why. I need to send an e-mail off to someone about an appointment on wednesday, but can't find that pad of paper that had it written on. Can find every other pad of paper in my apartment, but not that one. And I live in a fucking studio, so it's not like it could really go anywhere? Accck Thhhhtpp.

Should of gone and hung out at the Check Cashing place, listened to some Marley and smoked some dope. Probably be in a better mood right now.

No comments: