Friday, April 05, 2002

Welcome to my world.....

Cash out my 401K check so I can have enough money to survive for the next four or five months and to also get out of my increasingly suffocating credit card debt. Cash the check in what should of been enough time that I'd be able to pay this month's rent, but, wait.... BofA says they'll have to put a hold on it because of the size of the check. Which means I won't have the money til the middle of the week.

That's bad.

Basically, I have to choose between having spending money for the next couple of weeks and paying my rent really late or blowing all my money on rent and not having any money for anything for the next couple of weeks. Decide I need spending money due to my increasing desire to go on a drinking binge, and beg the landlord for some more time before he cashes my rent check. He agrees, but isn't thrilled. I'm not happy about what I had to do because I've always been really, really good about paying my bills.

So I go the ATM this morning and guess what, all my money is there. The entire check's worth, the entire shit-load, buckets worth of money. Which means I didn't have to beg the landlord for more time to cash in the rent check.

Then, this morning, I have to e-mail something out. Unlike my usual "I'm bored, play with me e-mails" this one is fairly important. I'm trying to get a job as a columnist somewhere and need to send in a sample. I'm already a week late in sending them something so I need to do it ASAP. Spend all morning, fighting off my hangover and making corrections to it, only to find that Hotmail is down.

Give me something to sing about....

PS- if you want to read what I wrote, the two or three of you who are still reading this page, go here. It's basically a short rant about how much I hate Maxim and the kind of men's magazine I'd want to create, one for normal, average guys.

No comments: