Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Funny thing about being a sports fan. Was kind of watching the Giants game at a bar tonight and when I left, they were down 4-3 and it was the top of the 8th. It was one of those games in which the Giants were behind from almost the get-go, but every inning they had runners all over the bases, just couldn't get the big hit to take over the game home. Still, they were oh so close to delivering the big blow.

But when I left the bar, I knew the moment I left, that there would be no way in hell the Giants would come back. Not because it was one of those games, but just because I knew that since I was no longer watching, nothing big would happen. It's just one of those feelings you get when you're a sports fan, that everything depends on you watching and that if you're team's behind, you have to watch it through to the end because they'll never come back unless you're watching.

And I was right. By the time I came home, the game was over. Pads 5, Giants 3.

Congrats Zuate


No comments: