Tuesday, April 23, 2002

In honor of Emily winning the March Madness contest on Television Without Pity Contest-

A reader, the lovely and fabulous Miss Julie P., writes concerning my obsession with Emily from RR/RW:Battle of the Seasons (or herewith known as BOTS). Good question.

She has, for instance, been showing up in my dreams. Not in that kind of way, but more like making guest appearances in my drunken, psychotic, straight-out-of-a-David-Lynch movie dreams. Not to mention my constant cheering her on for the March Madness contest and defending her honor everytime the Whicks' blame her for everything including the crisis in the Middle East. Rumours of a Google search on her, however, can neither be confirmed nor denied at this point.

But why Emily? Why the obsession? Besides the obvious needing a life, I'm pathetic kind of thing, of course. I do think she's the cutest one on the show, but I seem to be the only on the boards who thinks so. She even said herself that she wasn't the cutest one in the show. Then there's her aloof manner, the fact that you're never quite sure what's going on in her head. That whole moving in mysterious ways thing. Her rep on the show, after all, is one of being both cool and of being a bitch.

Then, after digging around for info on her (on the TwoP boards, of course, not Google) my fascination grew. Turns out on a previous RR/RW Extreme Challenge, she got kept on getting into cat-fights with Julie from the RW New Orleans cast. Since that Julie sucked, extra bonus points go to Emily. And there is, of course, her single-handedly took down the Whicks- grabbing her partner Timmy by the balls and pointing out the obvious, that Chadwhick deserved nothing more than a good karmic spanking and sent home ASAP. She knew they were evil. She knew they sucked. And so she fought the good fight, the fight for truth, justice, and the American Way and sent Chadwhick home. Score another for Emily.

But that's not really the reason for the obsession. See, the thing is that with her haircut, she looks exactly like some girl I had a huge, major-ass crush on. Some girl who then, through no fault of her own, went on to smash my achy-breaky heart all over the place. Which would of been fine except for the fact that we also worked together, and that, well, let's just say that it was just another thing that made life at Super Sucky Dot.Com that much more super-sucky.

Now, whenever I go out, somewhere in the back of my mind, there's always a thought about how nice it would be if I never ran into her and how I don't really need to deal with it. But now she's there, kind of, on tv. Every Monday night, in fact.

Except in this case, she won't tell me that she's not into dating people she works with, only to start dating someone at work a couple of months after I leave.

No comments: