Tuesday, April 09, 2002

It gets better and better....

Went to Safeway to do my weekly food shop. Spent about half an hour walking around, finding what I needed, and trying to remember what I always forget only to find out that Safeway (Safeway!) is out of plastic bags. Which, for some of you, isn't that big of a deal, except I don't have a car and lug it on MUNI, so I need the plastic bags in order to lug my food home. Just wasted over half an hour of my life and don't have anything to show for it.

And, out of nowhere, I heard from that publishing company that I first interviewed with way back in August, back when I had a job. After they basically putzed around for months and months, even offering me freelance work that never came through, I had pretty much given up on them. In fact, I had pretty much wished them only nothing but awful, evil things. Looks like they're interviewing people again for one (they've so far dangled three jobs in front of me) of the jobs I interviewed for.

If I was a strong, empowered person, I'd tell them to take a flying leap and refuse to let myself get Charlie Browned by them. On the other hand, I really need a fucking job and getting one now would be pretty clutch.

I am, as always, life's bitch.

At least there's some good tv on tonight. And Cara's going nutso on "The Real World" tonight.

No comments: