Saturday, April 13, 2002

Was gonna post a long rant about taxes and my getting screwed by them, but- suprise, suprise- I actually am getting money back this year. A lot of money back.

And now I'm kind of scared.

First of all, there's no way in hell I should be getting as big of a refund as I am. Something's screwy right there. And as I know I've been kind of doing my taxes wrong for awhile, I'm pretty sure the refund is part of it.

And that's the part that scares me. I've usually either gotten a small refund or paid a bit back, but never any amount to raise any alarms anywhere. Now that I'm getting a huge check back from the Federal Government, I'm sure bells and alarms are gonna be going off all over the place once they see my form. Next thing I know, I'm getting called by the IRS, getting audited, and well, hello Sing-Sing.

I should look on the bright side, though. At least if that happens I won't have to worry about finding a job.

No comments: