Thursday, April 25, 2002

You know, right now It's a tough time being Jewish, what with the sudden feeling that everyone in the world hates you. And it's probably even tougher being Moslem, what with everyone out there thinking you're either a religious fanatic about to blow everyone up or Al-Queda.

But man-oh-man, it's probably even tougher being Catholic. Don't know about you, but the communiqué's being issued by a bunch of old, wrinkly guys in black robes wouldn't exactly bring me a sense of relief. And what is the difference between a child-abuser and a serial child-abuser? Does that mean that murder is okay, but serial-murder is not?

I wonder just how many Catholic families out there who normally send junior off to Catholic Retreats are now looking at the brochures and thinking that maybe, just maybe, junior probably won't be making it this year.

PS- the Catholic Church seems to do a lot of apologizing. Don't know the exact list, but it's up there. Being Jewish, the Pope's apologize to me several times over the past ten years. I'm thinking that if I were them, I'd just issue a big, huge apology to everyone out there. Doesn't matter if they deserve it or not, I'm sure somewhere down the line, the Church will discover that they need to.

No comments: