Monday, April 29, 2002

This just happened to me...

At work, wandering down the hallway on my way to the bathroom. I run into Janice, the Outsourcer in charge of Outsourcee's. She's the one who not only watches over me, but holds my fate in her hands.

We talk a bit, I tell her how my week's been going, and in reaction to a joke of hers, I kind of half laugh, half snort. Mid-snort, a small bit of snot comes flying out of my nose. It shoots directly to my left, away from her, but still visible enough that I wonder if she saw it. I have no idea and I really hope to God she didn't. What do you do or say when that happens? How do you react other than hoping she didn't notice?

But now there's still just a little bit of snot left on my nose. Do I go immediately to it, thus calling that much more attention to the fact I just let one shoot? Or do I casually go to the nose, pretending like it's no big deal, allthe while hoping that she then doesn't notice the snot remaining on my nose.

Sometimes the smallest things in life can be the most difficult.

No comments: