Thursday, November 06, 2003

Buckle up, it's rant time….

Fucking recruiters. I knew I shouldn't have trusted them from previous experience, but I started to trust them this time around. Silly me- I guess I just thought they'd actually help me. Even sillier, I believed them when they told me I had a really good resume, that I shouldn't have a problem finding work, and that they're "working on a few things."

Got an e-mail yesterday from a recruiter about a job. A half-way decent one too. So I called them up and asked what the what is. When I got on the phone with the Recruiter, she asked me how's it going and when I told her I'm still looking for work I got this as a response: "really? Why?"

Umm, maybe it's because you guys don't have anything for me. Or tell me you have something and then tell me nevermind. Or send me on an interview and then tell me it went to someone internally. Plus, you know, I figure that as it is there jobs to get people jobs, they'd know what it's like out there, that it's actually harder right now than it was last year (recovery my fucking ass). Shouldn't they know it's hard too?

Then I talked to another agency this morning. I call them about once every three weeks just to check in and everytime I call them they tell me that they're working on something, that they love my resume, and that I'm on the top of their list of people to send out for interviews. Today when I talked to them they told me, that they had a bunch of jobs out there that they've sent people out on, but, ooops, I "fell through the cracks." Which, he tells me, happens sometimes. Especially to people they keep on telling that they're on the top of the list and should have something for soon. And then he asked me what I've been doing since I've been unemployed.

So how's this for an answer- sitting by the fucking phone waiting for you to do your fucking job and get me a job.

I mean, if it's their job to get me a job and they're not getting me a job, shouldn't they at least not be surprised that I don't have one?

You know, it's good that I have this blog because it's either I rant here or start kicking things in my apartment and my toe still hurts from the last time I kicked things.

No comments: