Monday, November 03, 2003

Here's a new one-

So I'm at the big Halloween Party. I'm talking to some woman who I have one of those somewhat flirtatious relationship with, the kind that inevitably ends up with a bit too much drinking and the occasional polka dancing. She's there with her heretofore-unseen boyfriend and as we're talking and getting a little bit more flirtatious, boyfriend disappears. After a few minutes she quickly cuts the conversation off with these exact words: "I gotta go look for my boyfriend. He can get a little belligerent when he's drunk."

Naturally, two things cross my mind. The first one is the usual thought at this time- why is she dating some guy who gets belligerent when he's drunk (never an attractive feature) when she could be dating me? That was quickly followed by wondering if that meant I was about to get my ass kicked.

No comments: