Monday, November 03, 2003

Picked up some easy reading today at the Library- "War and Peace." Hell, I got nothing else to do during the day and the most intellectually stimulating thing I do all day is flipping back and forth between "Charmed" & "BH 90210" so why not? Besides I've always wanted to read it. It is considered the greatest piece of Literature like ever and I've figured that being the intellectually inclined ex-English literature Major that I am, I should read it. In fact, it's one of those things that’s on my list of Things I Have To Do Before I Die. You know that list (we all have them). It's up there somewhere around living overseas for a brief period of time, being married by 30, having a nice career, and threesome's with cheerleaders.

We'll see how long before I give up on it. Even though I've supposed to read most of the big books of literature, I can't actually say I've made it through most of them. "Moby Dick"? Read half of it. "Canterbury Tales"? Cliff Notes, baby. "Beowulf?" Saw the movie.

I give it a week.

No comments: