Tuesday, November 25, 2003

I always bitch about these trips back home. Instead of, say, drinking margarita's in Cabo, Mai Tai's in Hawaii, or pints in Ireland, I have to go home for one of those "If it's Tuesday, I must be in Shippensburg" type trips. So far, I've started off in DC, went to Carlisle PA, and then spent the weekend in the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Tomorrow I'm off to Massachusetts (yeah, I know I spelled it wrong- so sue me) for Turkey Day in the Berkshire's and then back down to Baltimore and maybe a day or two back in DC.

Yes, it's a lot of places in a lot of time, none involving frou-frou drinks, beaches, or bikini's. On the other hand, I’ve realized that in one two and a half week trip, I’m seeing more of this country than most people do. I've been to a bar that features 1000 beers, seen the capital building, drove around some beautiful PA farmland, saw a pastel sunset over the shores of St. Michael's MD, saw storks swim and ducks fly, and eaten lots of yummy food for free. I still have New England in the late fall and Baltimore left on my trip.

It’s actually kind of cool.

The other big thing I’ve realized so far is that I can’t fucking wait to go back home. I miss my beautifully mad crazy San Francisco.


No comments: