Tuesday, November 04, 2003

A long time ago I wrote about the Homeless Guy who always hangs around my door stoop. I don't like running into him because I actually paid him some money when I first moved in to help move a dresser up so he knows me. He's also outside my apartment almost daily so I run into him at least two to three times a week. I haven't given him any money (like I have any), but because we see each other all the time and because he's been in my apartment, it's been, kind of a touchy thing. It is, after all, no longer an impersonal homeless guy vs. non-homeless guy panhandling thing, but a personal homeless guy vs. non-homeless guy panhandling thing.

Today, as I was getting dropped off at my apartment and dashing across the street, he was there waiting for me. As I brushed by him, I heard him telling me that he's been trying forever to get me to buy a Street Sheet but I've never bought one. As if I'm doing something wrong by not buying one.

Am I going to have to move into another place just so I can avoid getting guilt tripped by homeless people?

No comments: