Tuesday, November 30, 2004

And we're back….

There's nothing quite like that moment where after twenty hours of travelling you get home and put down your luggage. It's that mixture of sheer exhaustion mixed with excitement and relief in being home. Part of you is completely wiped-out from all the travelling and not having slept in a day, but you're also completely wired because you're finally home and don't have to sit in a completely uncomfortable seat for hours upon hours. Not to mention being totally frazzled because you quickly realize that you're still wearing clothes that you were wearing halfway around the world. Then there's the question of what to do? Unpack? Check messages? Check e-mail? Watch ESPN? Sleep? Shower?

Naturally, I checked e-mail.

Anyways, was going to do some whining here about either the usual stuff (lame-ass airlines, lame-ass fliers, lame-ass security rules) and not so usual stuff (friends who've been told a bunch of times where you are and what you're doing yet still call while you're away wondering where you are and if you're up for doing something). But I won't. Suffice it to say that while I had a great time, it's nice to be home. Hell, it's nice to no longer have to pretend I speak Spanish, although it became such a normal thing that I stopped myself from saying "ola!" and "gracias" at the Chinese laundry I give my clothes too.

No comments: