Saturday, November 27, 2004

-One of the things that makes typing on international computers so hard is that even the shortcut commands are different. For instance, ctr n on the PC is not new screen on Explorer, but command U is because U I guess is whatever the hell Spanish word is for new screen
-Here´s a difference between our last two President´s: Clinton came here during his 2nd term and was treated like a rock star. During one of his rides through Santiago, he stopped off at a corner store and bought a coke. The place was so thrilled, they named the place ¨Clinton´s Corner¨or something like that. Bush came here, pissed everyone off, and was described by most columnists as ¨more swaggering as usual¨due to the re-election. Once again, thank you, Red States.
-Went to shabbat lunch today for the pre-wedding festivities and the discussion turned, as always, to karoake. After a couple of moments where prayer songs were sung pretty much by memory by the religious folks, I started to think that while I used to know lots of songs off the top of my head, I don´t know that many anymore, except for maybe P.E.´s ¨Fight the Power¨(not a great song for either karoake or services) and I started to think what a shame that is. I knew some girl once who knew the entire lyrics to the Humpty Dance by memory and if you got her drunk enough, she´d sing it to you. I wish I could sing that song by memory. Wouldn´t that be a great song to sing at Shabbat services?
-Had dinner tonight at some revolving roof Italian restaurant, complete with piano player playing tortured renditions of Ace of Bass and Duran Duran´s ¨Ordinary World¨ It was awesome.
You know how all the hippie chicks are into anything Peruvian because they´re all supposedly native and poor and oppressed? What do Peruvian hippie chicks wear?

My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty.
Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee.
And all the rappers in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee.
I'm steppin' tall, y'all,
and just like Humpty Dumpty
you're gonna fall when the stereos pump me.
I like to rhyme,
I like my beats funky,
I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy.
I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack
but sometimes I get ridiculous
I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice
hey yo fat girl, c'mere--are ya ticklish?

No comments: