Friday, November 26, 2004

Oh yeah, forgot this gem: was walking around Santiago today and stumbled through this podunk shopping mall that pops up every block or so. Walk around a corner, past the Tarot card readers, and see someone who does reflexology for 5,000 pesos (about $9 bucks). So I did it. Got myself an hour long foot massage, which was actually almost too long but I think the result of the lady (Geraldine, by the way, and yes, she looked like someone who would be giving foot massages in some run-down shopping center) having either no other customers or she liked me. While the massage was certainly good, it was well worth it just for one of those random type experiences in which I´m basically lying in this run-down booth that was about ten years away from it´s last paint job, a table that needed to be left out on the street, and sheets that were probably bought in the 80´s listening to the soothing sounds of Whitesnake for all of an hour while my feet are being rubbed. And yes, it sounds way better than I just described it.

Best 9000 pesos I ever spent

No comments: