Saturday, November 13, 2004

Something is being filmed on my street today which has been kind of a pain. Go get coffee or go to the store to buy food and I have to walk past equipment, crew members, trucks, extras, gawkers, and catering tables. What they're filming, I don't know, other than one of the musty old used book stores on the street, the one that usually features pictures of dead Palestinians on their windows, has been turned into a "Magic Shop" and a bunch of stores right next to it have been closed down due to the hullaballo. The funny thing is that there are so many trucks and equipment around that a whole bunch of people are standing around watching, waiting to see what there is to see, yet nobody knows what's being filmed. It could be a Toyota commercial for all people know yet everyone's standing around as if there gonna see stars.

This morning, on my way to coffee, I saw filming in the used bookstore, but couldn't see what was going on or who was in there. A few hours later when I left the apartment to get a haircut, it looked like everything was dying down. There were less trucks around, less tables, and a bunch of crew members were hugging each other goodbye. Even better, my way down Valencia was pretty much unimpeded, unlike the other times this morning where it was a total obstacle course. So, head down, I quickly made way down the sidewalk, only to look up for a split second to realize that I was about ten feet away from running smack dab into Reese Witherspoon.

Guess there's some big movie being filmed here.

PS- Saw on my way back that there's a whole bunch of "Sidewalk Closed" signs up, all of which I completely walked past without seeing in my morning haze. Ooops. Guess that's why I almost was able to run over Reese. Which would have been kind of funny and kind of cool, but then I'd be known all over the world as "The guy who ran over Reese Witherspoon." I can just see "Extra!" and "Entertainment Tonight" now.

PPS- she's tiny.

No comments: