Thursday, November 18, 2004

Man, work has been totally crazy and it's been totally crazy for awhile now. We're short handed and there's a lot of stuff that's due. And for various reasons, it all feels like it's been coming down on me as almost all of the big, just under million dollar marketing campaigns are coming down on my shoulders. The past couple of months have been like riding a tropical storm and all I've been able to do is bail as fast as I can.

And no, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying how I feel. It's hard to be totally up and stressed for going weeks at a time. Which is one of the things about project management type jobs- you have to be totally on all the time. It's part of the reason why I'm drinking three cups of coffee a day because I need to be wired in order to do the job. Even worse, everyone else at work is getting to that same point and everyone's all torn and frayed. Everyone's really nice and a great group of people, but whenever everyone's stressed out, people aren't so nice and aren't so great.

I've noticed too that every week goes the same. Monday morning I'm all fresh-faced and eager. I get up early, I make breakfast and lunch, get the cofee brewing, and make all my trains, planes and automobiles in plenty of time. I also try to dress to impress and feel fired up to do all my extra-ciricular activities, like this here blog. As the week goes on, I lose all the fresh-faced eagerness and it all falls apart. By friday, I'm getting up late, not making lunch or breakfast, don't get the coffee brewing, and barely make my connections. At work, I'm basically showing up in t-shirt and jeans and I'm way to burned out to do anything but lie in a fetal position on the couch, curled up against a bottle of wine. Which is why my blogging on Wednesdays or Thursdays has totally fallen off recently, I'm way too tired to write anything.

And no, I'm not complaining. I'm just looking forward to a little downtime. And lots and lots of sleep.

No comments: