Tuesday, November 23, 2004

So I´m in Vista Del Mar, some town near Valporiso on the coast of Chile that is abso'fucking'lutely beautiful. The hotel we´re staying is on the cliff, overlooking the beach. My hotel room just might be the nicest hotel room I´ve ever stayed in, with a deck overlooking both the pool and the Ocean. It´s so nice that I want to buy a pack of cigarettes to smoke on the deck only because isn´t that the point of having a deck over the ocean? While Valporiso is kind of the snooty neighbor next door, Vista Del Mar (or is it Villa Del Mar?) is the rowdy one. It´s part beach community, part resort, part third-worldy. In other words, it´s great.

I´m here with my dad, though, which brings up one of hte problems in travelling with family as opposed to friends. It´s 11 o´clock, I´ve drank a pisco sour and half a bottle of wine and I have nowhere to go. The hotel is about a half-an-hour walk to Vista Del Mar and it´s way too much of a hike to do it. So, it´s pretty much me and the mini-bar for the rest of the night, out on the deck drinking and listening to Radiohead all night. Pretty cool, but not exactly raging.

Where was I?

Dunno. Have a bunch more to say, but don´t feel like getting into it now as I´m getting charged by the minute. Tomorrow, hopefully massages, body surfing, and fish tacos by the beach. Such is life.


No comments: