Tuesday, November 02, 2004

And with that, I voted. Got dressed, grabbed my coffee and ran to the polling booth. In light of the importance of this election, I felt like I needed to make a statement and vote early, not wait til after work when most of the East Coast was done and the blabbering heads were in full gasbag mode. Hell, this thing could be over by 5:15 California time. Or, maybe 5:15 next Tuesday, but whatever. Felt it so important to vote early I'm going into work late.

I have to admit, however, I'm kind of disappointed that nobody tried to harass me as I walked in. No gangs of roving Republicans telling me I can't vote there, no documentary crew and team of lawyers to make sure nothing happened, no Republicans pretending to be gay people and scaring my heterosexual ass into voting for the party that loves Jesus more. Oh well. And in light of 2000, I felt like after voting, I should have announced to everyone that I was voting for Kerry, just to make sure nothing happens and somebody thinks I voted for Nader or that Consitutional Party guy.

I also have to admit that while I did vote for all 30 or so propositions (after studying them for several hours last week) I didn't vote at all for College Community Board or School Board. College Community Board? Who cares. Seriously. School Board, slightly important but as I have no kids, means nothing to me. The thing is that for both of the positions, I don't think it'll make a damn difference. Just as long as the people being voted in don't support creationism or something like that, I'm fine with it. I'm sure whoever wins will do their best. It's not like they're going to start a war on a country without a plan or something like that.

No comments: