Monday, November 15, 2004

Saturday night I'm taking the bus to some party at a club. Now first off, the bus ride starts off with some crazy old cat-lady (no, I don't know if she actually had cats but she was definitely the type to have five or six of them) blabbering away about politics. With a full head of steam to her, she starts getting into gay marriage and the whole "God created men to be with women and women to be with men" argument, totally oblivious to the gay couple who were sitting right next to her. The little hipster girl next to me spoke up and the next thing you know, we got the gay rights debate going on the 22 Fillmore.

Anyways, after the crazy lady left, these four drunk ex-frat guys get on. The thing about them is that they were all wearing the same thing- untucked button-down shirts with jeans. And while the button down shirts were different, they were pretty much enough of the same style to give them that boy-band look. In other words, they were annoying as shit.
We get off the same stop and as I'm following them, hoping to hell that they're not going to the same party I was, this guy out of nowhere walks behind me and to nobody in particular, says out loud "hey, look, it's the untucked shirt gang."

I don't know who the guy was, why he said that, or what he was doing, but to you- that guy- I salute you. Best line ever.

No comments: