Thursday, February 05, 2004

Here's some more fun: I have jury duty next week.

Now, on the one hand, I'd be a perfect person for jury duty in that I'm still unemployed (those two stupid-ass companies are still making up their minds. Just how long does it take call references anyways? And once again, like why do you have to call for references?). I'd be perfect because I have plenty of time to idle away doing jury duty. After all, it's not like I do anything important all day other than sitting around home and reading the "Charmed" message boards.

But, if I go on jury-duty, I can't work. No work means no money. And no work means more unemployment checks for me and it's getting more important for me to work because unless one of those companies gets off their ass, I have to start doing some serious temping again because I'm running out of unemployment money (thank you Republican Party). So, while it would be in the best interests of the state to have me serve jury duty because I actually can, it's also not in the best interests of the state to have me serve jury duty because it would mean having to shell out mo' money. And it's definitely in the best interests of me to do temp work because I need to make money. Whether or not any of this will fly when I go into the SF Department of Justice I have no idea.

The fun never ends.

(just to make sure, you know I'm exaggerating for effect here, right? You know that I don't spend all my time going through the "Charmed" message boards, right? You know that I write it because it just sounds funny. Like it's a much snappier punch-line than "reading political weblogs all day or crawled up in a ball on the couch crying myself to sleep. In fact, a lot of what I write here is for effect. Y'all know that, right? Just checking.)

(And no, I don't spend all my time going through "Charmed" message boards. Just every night before I go to bed.)

(Kidding)

No comments: