Sunday, February 08, 2004

I was at the bus stop at 16th & Mission waiting for the bus to see a movie ("Lost in Translation"- again. God, I love that movie). Anyways, as I was standing there I heard this somewhat mildly loud blam. I turned around and saw a young Mission-street Tweaker picking up a box of cereal that he had dropped on the sidewalk. The only thing he was carrying was a box of cereal and I began to watch what he was doing only I couldn't quite figure out why he was carrying a box of cereal at 1 in the afternoon and how he happened to drop it. I mean, it's only a box of cereal. So the guy picks it up and walks off behind me.

A minute later I hear an even louder blam and turn to my right. The box of cereal was lying on the ground, having fallen off from the top of the phone booth. The tweaker saw what happened, walked up to the box and picked it up, apologizing profusely to whomever was paying attention. Then he placed the box back up on the phone booth and walked off.

A couple of minutes later, an older Mission-Street Tweaker walked right up to the phone booth. He picked up the cereal box, opened it, and then after reaching his hand in, put it back on top of the phone booth. And then he walked away.

I don't know either.

No comments: