Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Why is it then when you're listening to the radio, the station your listening to comes in perfectly clear during commercials, inane DJ blathering and crap songs, but the moment some good song comes on- blammo, the reception craps out and you're stuck listening to like Dave Mathews or something?

I'm walking down the street today, listening to the radio, when Live 105 plays this really cool new tune. Now, I'm into really cool new tunes because I want to believe that somewhere out there, there's a good new band playing cool new tunes so I can buy all these new CD's and pretend I'm still with it. So I want to listen. But everytime the song kicked up and came to what I was hoping was the total kick-ass chorus, the reception would kick out and I'd be stuck hearing that infernal, a-pox-on-your-house-for-even-playing-this-song, suck-fest of a song, "Red Red Wine."

No cool song, but tons of UB40.

Why is that?

No comments: