Thursday, February 05, 2004

Just a Red-Letter, Banner day for yours truly. How's this for mail? I got one letter from the IRS and one from Unemployment. The IRS wants me to pay them more money and Unemployment wants to fight about sending me more money. All I needed is a Dear John letter and I would have scored the rare trifecta. Luckily, I don't have to worry about that right now. Lucky me.

But wait…there's more. See the reason why Unemployment is suddenly deciding to fight me over more money is because some of the unemployment insurance is coming from a certain company that I worked at over a year ago. A certain company that put the u-c-k in suck. A certain company that I can't mention because last time I mentioned them, they threatened to bring out the lawyers.

Them. They're raising a snit about having to pitch in for Unemployment.

I'm sure they're going to be really easy going about all this too.

Way back when the Recent Unpleasantness began, I saw on the sheet that one of the companies who helped pay for my Unemployment was them but I didn't think nothing of it. Or, at least, I said a little silent prayer that in no way would they get involved. In fact, considering how lame-ass the company was (did I ever mention the sales person who took naps when nobody was around and would just sit at his desk and snore out loud?) I figured they'd never figure out what was going on. Well they finally did figure out what was going on- six or seven months later. And now, because of how Unemployment works, I have to go back and forth with them to get what's left of my Unemployment money.

Lovely.

And now I sit and think about it, dreaming about what it's like. To see Rocker Girl and Mr. DJ and… (editor's note- my legal department has advised us to stop right here before I get myself into more trouble)…all sitting around and laughing at what has become with me, laughing like witches at a cauldron as my last laugh on them has become their last laugh on me.

No comments: