Sunday, February 01, 2004

I realize that for business purposes, it makes sense to outsource telemarketing to places like Bangladesh and Bombay. I may not like it or think it's in the best interest of our country, but I understand the business of it. Still, would it be possible for all those business' to make a better effort to pretend that they're not in Bangladesh and Bombay? Most of the telemarketing calls I've been getting lately are from people with such thick accents that I half expect them to say "thank you for shopping at Kwik-E-Mart, come again."

Not that I'm ever going to say "wow, that sounds like a great offer on a new credit card," but I'd be more liable to say it if it the person on the other end of the line didn't spend several minutes trying to figure out how to pronounce my name.

No comments: