Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Finally heard back from one of the places I interviewed with, the one where I spent half the interview talking about such important job-related things as Buffy and Manchester United. Didn't get the job

First of all, I'd like to give them a tip of the hat for actually calling me and leaving a message to let me know what's up. That's more than I can say for most places I've talked to, and we're talking huge places with good rep's like Oracle and Dolby (rat bastards).

They were even nice enough to give me an explanation about why I didn't get the job. See, the company that I interviewed for does gaming magazines, for things like the X-Box and PlayStation. Turns out that while I had "great experience" and "gave a really good interview," I'm unfortunately not a gamer. Guess they thought that sknowing about video games would be of importance for a job that's pretty much just making sure that all the ads for said magazine show up in time. In other words, something in which someone who wouldn't know what the fuck an X-Box is could do because it doesn't have any importance whatsoever on the job. And I should know because I spent like three years doing the exact same thing for a magazine called Printed Circuit Design.

So, basically three and a half years experience doing the exact same job and over eight years of Project Coordinating experience meant nothing because I don't go home everyday, do bong hits, and play Tomb Raider.

In other words, I lost out on a job because because I don't play video games.

Fuck me.

No comments: