Thursday, August 22, 2002


Turns out it wasn't a D.O.A interview. I talked to the Recruter, who is a sweatheart, and found out it was more of a Goldilocks type thing. Everyone she sends over is either over-qualified or under-qualified. Of course, it's hard for them to know for sure since each person only talked to me about five minutes, never asked any questions, or really explained what the job was. It was so bad I kept on wondering in my head "shouldn't you be asking me this question? This is the point when you're supposed to say…."

By the way, they were looking for somebody to help out with their sports games. Stuff like Madden 2002 or FIFA 2002. That's the job I just lost out on because the lame-asses don't know how to conduct an interview. Or think it should be a process out of Kafka.

Hmmm, maybe I should think about a career in HR. Like someone who goes in as a consultant-type and tell them how to conduct a job search, how to interview people, and how to treat them afterwards so the person they talk to doesn't wind up posting nasty things about them on some Web site or burn their business cards over a toilet. Not that I, your humble narrator has done anything like that, but I'm just saying.

No comments: