Thursday, August 29, 2002

I'm starting to get into the whole Salad Bar thing. How could you not love a set-up in which you get a whole smorgasborg of yummy schlop to choose from, get to put on a tasty sauce, throw it all together, and eat. Not only that, it's "healthy" and cheap.

I am, however, also learning that there's a dark side to Salad Bars. No matter how hard I try, as soon as I get there and see all of the yummmy things in front of me, I suddenly get all Homer-like and throw schlop on top of schlop on top of schlop. The place I go to even has Crab Meat. Crab Meat, fer crissakes! How can I not throw tons of Crab Meat into the mix?

So what I always end up with is this huge pile of food with dubious health value and a bill a bit much more than I wanted to spend. But, oh, it's soooooo good.

Anyways, was gonna write a snarky little bit about what a disaster the Olympics would be if it were to be held in SF, but SF Chronicle columnist Debra Saunders beat me to it. She says pretty much says everything I was about to say, so instead of writing it, I'll just give it to you.

Enjoy

No comments: