Thursday, August 29, 2002

My God, what was Michael Jackson wearing at the MTV Video Music Awards. It looked like he bought some catcher pads, glittered them up and added spangle to them. It would be like what Mike Piazza would wear if he really was gay.

Spent the night doing my bills. Besides the sickening feeling of saying goodbye to money I barely have, the amount of schmutz that gets included with all the bills drives me up a wall. It's just a pile of huge crap that has no importance whatsoever but get thrown all over the table and thrown away. As I was throwing them all away, I noticed that one of the ads that made up one of the bills was from Yahoo. It was basically an ad for some online bill paying service that Yahoo does. The tag line for it was "Wanna Save a Tree" with a picture of some guy hugging a tree.

Kind of ironic that they're playing up the whole save a tree thing on a piece of direct mail crap that's gonna do nothing but get immediately thrown in the trash. Don't you think?

No comments: