Saturday, August 03, 2002

Walking across Valencia today, a crazy-homeless guy stared at me while I was walking towards him at the crosswalk. As we passed, he cocked his arm up and bitch-slapped the air between him and I. I knew he wasn't taking a swipe at me, but whenever I see some dude looking a little crazy, giving me a stare and then cocking an arm in my general direction, I get a little jumpy. Excuse me.

Actually, that wasn't the worst scare I've had on the street. A couple of weeks ago, some crazy-homeless guy was working on his Tae Kwon Do moves in the reflection of a used book store and his foot missed my head by a couple of inches. Again, a foot coming out of nowhere that misses my head by a couple of inches is something that tends to give me a little jolt.

And lately, I've been seeing people walk up to the infamous public bathroom at 16th & Mission, knock on the door and either ask if someone's in there or ask to be let in. My guess too is that there not coming by to check on Jimmy because Jimmy ate some Mexican food that was a little too spicy.

I think I speak for everyone in this not so fair city, but Jesus Frickin' Christ people, can we do something about the homeless?

No comments: