Monday, August 19, 2002

So I've added some new fangled gadget for me blog page, a "Comment" button. This basically allows you, my beloved readers, to post a comment about something I have written, that is if you came here looking things other than naked pictures of Anna Kournikovia, Ben Afleck, or Ashleigh Banfield. So, join in on the fun- discuss, debate, or just plain old register disgust. Now I have one more thing I have to maintain, one more thing to check on everyday, and one more thing to obsess about and wonder where all my peeps are and when can I expect the gig writing for the New Yorker.

And here's today's entry (for now)-

Everyday I'm entering names into the database at work. Occasionally, I come upon a name that just plain sticks out. Like today.

One kid whose name I kept on entering had the poor misfortune to be have the last name of Stephen and to be given the first name Stephan by his lazy, uncreative, unimaginative parents. Let's hope he doesn't wind up with a girl named Stephanie.

Another kid has the name of Antonio Fuhrer. I'm sure the kid's parents are recent émigré's and don't know much better, but that last name's not gonna help the kid get very far. Among other things, he can pretty much give up running for any sort of school government position.

My favorite name comes from someone whose parents were probably a little too much into head-banging. Yes, the kid with my favorite name is Slayer Mendoza. Which, actually, does have a ring to it. If you're given that name, though, you better be able to at least live up to it. Kind of a waste of a name if the kid turns into someone who winds up joining the Chess Club.

But at least his name is much, much better than the poor kid named Bon Jovi Thompson. That's just so wrong for so many reasons.

Anyways, look for tomorrow's Unemployed-Year in Review Craptacular.

No comments: