Saturday, January 17, 2004

I'm walking down 16th today on my way to meeting a few people at a café on Market when I stop at an intersection waiting for a red light to turn green. Standing next to me were two attractive, early 20-ish women talking, more on the hot side than the not hot side. Without meaning to listen in on their conversation, my interest was piqued when I heard one of them say to the other one "blah…blah….blah….blah….blah….I had no idea he was into that kind of thing." While I couldn't make out much of the rest of the conversation, I did get to hear like "whatever turns him on" and "I would do it" and "whatever spices up the relationship and keep it from getting boring."

Now, I've been known to be an eavesdropper and I even like being an eavesdropper, but I swear I had no intention on eavesdropping on these two women. But after hearing just that little bit that I did, how could I not slow my walking down so it would be in lock-step with them? When they broke off to go into a story, I almost followed them inside.

No comments: