Friday, January 16, 2004

Shh you got to, shake it, shh, shake it, shake it, got yo shake it
(Shake it Suga') shake it like Poloroid Picture…


Way back long ago in September, when the Recent Unpleasantness began, I had an interview with a place that seemed too good to be true. It was fairly mellow, the manager's were adults, and bestest of all, they were telling me that one of the big complaints people had there is that it's too slow-paced. The interview went really well and I was told that not only did I have everything they were looking for, but that I was on the top of the list.

Naturally, when they came down to hiring someone, they decided they weren't ready to yet.

I've been keeping in touch with them since then and after about five months, the job got posted again. The very next day I called the place to tell them "boo-yah!" only to discover that the HR person who was my main contact- the one I had interviewed with and talked to the entire time- was no longer working there. Instead, they have a new person.

So now I have to go through the rigamorale with someone who doesn't know me, didn't interview me, or hadn't been involved in the process the first time. And, I now have to wonder why is that the very-same HR person who spent all that time telling me what a wonderful place it is to work at that company is no longer there. Maybe all the assorted HR Associations found out that she actually kept on returning my messages and had her whacked.

No comments: