Tuesday, January 06, 2004

So the Temp job both sucked and blows. I spent all day moving the AP files for 2002 from the supply closet to a hallway and then 2003 AP files from the drawers inside the office to the supply closet. Eight hours of moving boxes, filing folders, and pushing push carts, all in a stuffy, tiny supply closet. I'm really tired, my back hurts, and I got nicks from the filing folders all over my arms. And yes, if you want cheese with this whine, I recommend a good Camelbert or Gouda.

The good news is that the Temp Agency called while I was working to tell me what a good job I was doing. The bad news is that the Temp Agency called while I was working to tell me what a good job I was doing. They said if I do a good job here (and how could one not, actually) they have tons of work for me. Which means if I do a good job filing, I can expect more filing jobs. Woo the hoo. And all I want out of life right now is cushy data entry/word processing job, the kind of job where nothing is lifted, nothing is nicked, and nothing is done while standing. I want "Haiku Tunnel" , not "put the commissions on a separate shelf from the 02-5000's."

In a way, I'm facing the Sarah Dilemna, the very-same dilemna faced by Sarah from Road Rules and her performance on "the RW/RR Gauntlet Challenge." For those not watching "the Gauntlet" (ie, most normal people) Sarah finds herself constantly sent to the Gauntlet by her vile and contemptible teammates for not being one of the cool kids and for not sleeping with everyone else or having threesomes in the showers. Well, and sucking too, but that's another story. Anyways, despite the fact Sarah keeps on finding herself being sent to the Gauntlet and despite the fact she hates being there and hates her teammates, she somehow always sucks it up and winds up winning the thing, thus sending home a Real World member. So she's confronted with a dilemna- keep on winning even though she knows she's helping her teammates and being stuck in the hellish situation or saying "screw you guys, I'm outta here" and throw the thing to screw everyone over and go home.

And so, inspired by Sarah, I'm gonna suck it up and go full "Rudy" on this one. Maybe I too can make the Gauntlet Finals of life.

Editor's Note-We apologize for the rather lame-ass ending to this posting, but we only had a few minutes to write this as we were out the door for Pub Night. It will not happen again

No comments: