Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Is it too dorky to admit that to get myself psyched up for an interview, I try and think of the music from "Rocky"? No, not the anthem or the "Gonna Fly Now" part, but the way-cool music they play during the fight that builds and builds and builds and then peaks just around the time Rocky picks himself up from the mat and starts kicking Apollo Creed's ass. That music rocks.

So yeah, I had a big interview today, although at this point, every interview is big. As befitting it's importance, I naturally had "the Gusher" this morning, the never-ending shaving cut. And it wasn't even from cutting myself, it was from some icky little ingrown thing that, well, I'll spare you the details. The good thing is that unlike the last time it happened, I didn't have to sit through the interview holding up a kleenex to keep myself from bleeding to death. The bad thing is that it took down my two best dress shirts due to blood stains. Kind of like how RR Sarah took down all of the best RW cast-members. Good thing I stopped to look at the mirror in the hallway mirror or I might never have caught the blood on the collar on Shirt #2. It also meant that I had to be late to the Freelance job because I couldn't take off for work in a suit when I was still bleeding all over the place.

And how did the interview go? Good, except for one problem. Get laid off enough times and red flags start to go off when the huge, expensive downtown office that the interview takes place in is 3/4 empty.

No comments: