Sunday, January 04, 2004

It was here, the big climax. The big moment. After three hours of movie, around nine total, it was time. The ring was lying in lava inside of Mt. Doom, Frodo was hanging onto dear life, and all around was a jaw-dropping landscape straight out of a Hieronymus Bosch painting. As I stared in awe at what I was witnessing for the second time, I noticed a glow coming to my left, from someone in the audience up front by the screen. Somebody was actually checking their messages.

Duuuude.

He should have just done what half the audience did- check their messages while on their way out the door of the theater. Cause, you know, you have to check your messages right after a three hour movie because I'm sure you probably just missed the most important phone call of your life.

No comments: