Monday, January 26, 2004

So I started off this morning bright and early with my 2nd interview at the place I interviewed last week. Everyone keeps on telling me how much they love me and everyone keeps on telling me how much they need someone in that position, yet when I left, I was told I'll hear around Thursday. Thursday? If supposedly they all like me and supposedly nothing can be done at the place without someone in this position, wouldn't it make sense to just get it over with and hire me? I know processes have to be processed- t's have to be crossed and i's have to be dotted- but can't you just get it over with? Just friggin do it and offer me the damn job. This job has already cost me two nights of no sleep, I can't really keep up like this for the rest of the week.

Supposedly it's going to take til Thursday because they have to "check my references," which I never get. Why do places have to check with somebody's references? I mean it's not like I'm going to list places where I didn't do a good job. I'm no way in hell, for instance, going to list the last place I worked. I'm just doing what everyone else does- list places where you're well-liked. In some cases, I even put friends down. So why do they have to check with them? What could they possibly say that would make them go "ehh, maybe not." The way I hear it, when people are called as references, they can't say anything negative anyways for fear of a lawsuit. One place I always use as a reference was specifically told by HR not to say anything. So then why the hell are they wasting the rest of the week to check references?

Just do it.....

No comments: