Thursday, March 18, 2004

Here's a good one….

Show up for the Temp Job today and find out from the receptionist that the entire office will be leaving around 10 for an all-day company bonding thing at the Race Track. He was even a little surprised that I came in.

So I went to go see my supervisor to check in with him. He's not there. While I do have things to do, most of them are of the make-work variety- not really anything all that important. After working for an hour, I sat there and watched the entire office take off, all except the Temp brought in for the day to man the phones. I am alone.

Uhh, so now what?

Should I stick around, completely unsupervised? Should I go home? If I stay and work, will I get shafted because there's nobody there? Was I not supposed to come in?

I stayed. Called the Temp Agency, got advice from them and typed in about 500 names into a database. All alone in a big huge office.

No comments: