Monday, March 15, 2004

I didn't get the temp-to-perm job I interviewed for on Monday. Word has it that I didn't do a very good job designing the flyer I was supposed to do. Wasn't creative enough. My bad for not being able to design a flyer in ten minutes or so. The good news, I guess, is that at least it came down to the graphics test and not the psychological test. Or so they say.

The person at the temp agency who got me the interview told me how frustrated she was with them because she keeps on sending temps over and can't get anyone hired. You'd think that after awhile, the company would figure out that their inability to not hire somebody would be a sign. Like maybe the test is too fricking hard. It's not like there's a plethora of people out there to choose from what with the economy being in the dregs and all. Not being able to fill a position in these economic climes is a bit like a basketball player not being to make it with a stripper.

Whatever.

I did, however, get a temp job, starting tomorrow. It's for a week, but the crazy thing is I've never been happier to get a temp job. Even crazier, I wound up having to turn one down later that afternoon. Now how about that?

But, of course, it wouldn't be a full day without something whacky going on and something whacky did indeed go on. That stupid advertising agency, the one that I keep on getting set up with yet never hired, actually called me. They hired a new recruiter who didn't realize I was the guy at the dance who not even the super-geeky girls would dance with and having seen my posted resume, thought I'd be perfect the job. Since desperation has always been a good friend of us guys who not even the super-geeky girls would dance with, the hint of desperation in the recruiter's voice was music to my ears.

We shall see.

No comments: