Wednesday, March 17, 2004

I was going to post something about the Republicans constant refusal to extend jobless benefits (Tom "I'm evil" DeLay calls the attempt to extend benefits a "clever political stunt"- hey Tom, bite me), but then I stumble upon this:

"Tennessee county, site of `Monkey Trial,' wants to charge gays with crimes against nature"


"...Commissioner J.C. Fugate, who introduced the measure, also asked the county attorney to find a way to enact an ordinance banning homosexuals from living in the county.

"We need to keep them out of here," Fugate said.


To quote Bill Maher (I'm too tired to rant on my own):

...if Southerners don't want to have an inferiority complex, I say, "Stop doing things that make reasonable people think you're inferior!"

Like, getting rid of slavery was a good start. But don't quit there: Stop being the place that's always challenging the theory of evolution. What's next, gravity? Is that just a plot by the Jews up North to get people to drop spare change?


God damn, our country is a mess these days. If we were a celebrity, we'd be Courtney Love. If we were a basketball team, we'd be the Lakers. If we were a married couple, we'd be Whitney and Bobby Brown.



No comments: