Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I guess a friend hooked up with someone last week, even got himself into a relationship. I don't really know for sure because he hasn't really come out and said it. Instead, he does what a lot of guys do in a situation like this- drop hint after hint after hint but never actually say it. For some reason, guys can never come out and just say "I got me some."

It goes like this: guy has date one night and can't stop talking about it beforehand. Guy calls you up the next day and instead of saying how well the date went, they'll either drop big hints like "oh, man, I'm really tired because I didn't get any sleep last night" or "man, I hate sleeping in somebody else's bed for the first time." Or they'll just drop total non-sequitors into the conversation, something that has nothing to do with anything. Things like: "oh, you're watching the Alabama basketball game, Michelle once drove through the south" or "maybe you should go to that party with me, even though I can't pick you up or drive you home because I'll be with Michelle."

Because I'm me, I never take the bait. Instead, I play dumb and don't say anything. If they're going to play games with me, I'll play games with them. Besides, it's kind of fun to play along, listening to how desperate they get for you to ask them what happened. At a certain point, they'll actually start saying nothing related to the conversation, just anything to make me ask what happened the night before and why the said what they did.

No comments: