Tuesday, September 10, 2002

As a wise man once sang, the waiting is the hardest part.

Haven't heard back about the job yet and I was supposed to by now. No news is good news, right? Right?

I wonder, though, if I should completely write off tomorrow as a day to be waiting for a phone call, what with it being the big 9/11 Anniversary. Just how much official type business stuff will be done tomorrow anyways? And would they call people about jobs tomorrow? It might be allright to call someone to let them know they got a job- the whole spreading good cheer thing on a gloomy and depressing day, but what about calling someone to let them know they didn't get a job? I know I'd feel kind of awkward telling someone on 9/11 that they didn't get a job they really wanted. Hell, for all they know I could have grown up with Todd Beamer.

Ugh.

And by the way, while I don't really want to watch TV tomorrow or catch any of the "retrospectives" (I see Larry King is having Sarah Ferguson on tomorrow night as a special guest. I guess she'll let us know how Weight Watchers can help us cope with terrorism), for some reason, I want to listen to the Howard Stern show. It sounds like Howard's going to replay his show from last year when it all went down. Something about the switch from Lesbian Dial-a-Date to "oh my God, we're being attacked" sounds kind of intriguing. Kind of sums it all up, don't you think?

No comments: