Monday, September 09, 2002

At any minute, any second, I'm supposed to hear get the call that let's me know whether or not I got the job I interviewed for last week. I am not handling it well. I'm handling it a jealous boyfriend waiting for his girlfriend to return. A psychotic, crazed boyfriend at that. I am the Jon Favreau character in Swingers.

I know they are supposed to make a decision "early this week" which could mean today. Could mean tomorrow, or could mean Wednesday. Or, it could mean sometime much, much later. All I know is that I'm sitting here all day at the Temp Job, typing away, and trying not to completely freak out. Unfortunately, when doing data entry, there's not a whole lot of things you have to think about other than what awful things can befall you.

Have they made a decision yet? Have they not had time to figure it all out? Are they just waiting on approval from HR? Have they just been swamped in meetings all day? Or have they offered the job to someone else already and are just waiting back to hear from them?

And once again, so much is riding on one phone call. Just....one...phone....call.

Call, damnit, call.

No comments: