Thursday, September 19, 2002

So, I think I've mentioned how the place where I'm temping has one computer with which all the Temps can share and go online to check their e-mail. Which is a really cool of them to do and one of the reasons why I like it here (as much as you can like a dreary, boring data entry temp job).

One of the new temps, however, is driving me crazy. Every hour or so, she goes to the computer and spends like half an hour online surfing the Web. What she's reading or doing, God only knows, but she's on there forever but it can't be too terribly important.

It drives me crazy, of course, because I need to get online and she's constantly hogging the computer. I have stuff to do, very important stuff. Like checking my e-mail. Or checking the job boards and doing research on places I have interviews at. And if she's on all the time, how am I gonna be able to read the NY Times, the Washington Post, ESPN.com and CNNSI.com? And more importantly, how am I supposed to keep up on the abuse being heaped upon the new cast of the RW:Las Vegas on the boards?

Dang nabbit.

No comments: