Wednesday, September 04, 2002

That choking sound y'all just probably heard an hour or two ago was the sound of me biffing on the job interview. Pulled a Buckner. Too much caffiene and not enough sleep. Not to mention having to wear clothes that were way too hot and causing me to sweat like, well I don't know, I'm too tired to come up with anything funny. Plus, once again, I got nothing to work with. I met with two people who basically sat down, said "I haven't seen your resume and I don't know what Nicole told you, so, ummm, tell me a bit about yourself," and then had me do Stupid Interview Tricks. Throw me a frickin' bone here people.

But wait.....it's not a done deal...

One of the people I interviewed with I'm just one degree of seperation from, including through one of my beloved and faithful readers (hi Jessica). In fact, I might have met him somewhere sometime but can't recall it. Turns out one of my coworkers/drinking buddies from my ole dot.com days, at the infamous LookSucks, is in a band with the guy I interviewed with. Which means in a department of three people know one of them and know a friend of another one of them

And my friend who works there got the job through a recruiter who once got me a job elsewhere.

Maybe eleven years of living and heavy drinking in this city are about to pay off. Finally.

Or maybe it's all coincedences? Signs, even. Hell, I just saw Signs so maybe that's what's happening. Maybe I'll get the job. Maybe I should have faith. Maybe there really is a God.

Or maybe the only it all means is that we're just about to be invaded by aliens.

Either way, I better not fuck up tonight's draft.

I hear the fall in D.C. is lovely this time of year.

No comments: