Wednesday, September 03, 2003

According to one of my recruiter's, I've done a really good job of getting my resume out there.

Yay me.

I'm also not feeling great about the fact that there's a whole bunch of people calling my references about me. Not only is it because they've already referenced me way too many times in the past, but because it announces to people I don't want it announced to that my great, awesome, kick-ass job didn't quite turn out to be so great, awesome, and kick-ass.

The other highlight of the day is that I actually bailed on an interview. Didn't show up and only called to say I'm bailing about five minutes before I was due. Part of it was because I had another one lined up, one that didn't involve a long-ass schlep to Concorde, but mainly because I just had a bad feeling about it. Yeah, I know, I really need a job, but I still have some standards. This job was not only for an Insurance/Financial company, but when I asked what job they wanted to interview me for, they would only tell me that they had a variety of jobs available doing sales and sales/support type things. Any qualms I had about bailing on the job, however, disappeared when I went to go leave a message about bailing and the voice-mail of the guy I was supposed to meet with ended his voice-mail with a "God bless you."

Let's see- long-ass commute to work for an insurance company for a guy who blesses everyone on his voice-mail. Where do I sign up?

No comments: