Friday, September 12, 2003

Jesus frickin' Christ people, is the death of John Ritter, while sad, really that big of a deal? The way the news channels have been playing tribute to him it's like we just lost a Comedy Great, a Titan of Entertainment. No, what we lost is the guy who played Jack Tripper in a dumb-ass sitcom that had the same damn plot in every episode.

Maybe it's because it's too convenient, but what does it say when John Ritter is given equal tribute as Johnny Fucking Cash.
One- has been sitcom star.
The other- maybe one of the five coolest people on the face of the planet when alive.
One- resurrected career by starring in "Eight Rules for Dating My Daughter".
The other one- sang with Elvis.

Do I even have to go on?

Actually, Johnny's one of my few celebrity sightings. He was playing in town at the Fillmore, I think, and my soccer team and I were out heading for a bar after a game. On the way back to my ride's car, we passed this huge trailer, parked outside a Wahlgreen's. It was Johnny's tour trailer. Naturally, I had to look inside. I mean, Johnny Fucking Cash is not going to be walking into a Wahlgreen's all by lonesome. Let's be serious. So I gawked inside the windows, hoping to catch the man himself. And then I saw him, by the trailer's kitchen sink, cleaning dishes. And the amazing thing about it- the Man in Black was actually wearing grey.

I know, pretty exciting story ain't it…..

No comments: