Wednesday, September 17, 2003

I went to Safeway today to do my big shop. Staring at me everywhere were last week's celebrity tabloids with pictures of a smiling Ben and Jen, basking in their glorious love. Stories touted their love and dedication as the excitement was building for the crescendo that was to have been their wedding. One talked about how they were looking forward to having children, another about how Jennifer was determined to make this wedding last. All claimed to have the details of the wedding.

We will never know how much we lost last Sunday, that dark day in which it was announced that they were splitting up. I know, like 9/11 or JFK's assassination, we'll always be able to recall just where we were when he heard the news (I heard it first from James Brown while watching the Fox halftime show). All I know is that ever since then, this world has seemed like a much colder place.

No comments: