Saturday, September 20, 2003

Okay, so I missed the frickin' softball game. So I said I'd go, didn't and almost caused the team to forfeit. On the other hand, is my bailing on a softball game worth not one call, but two? There I was, watching VH-1's "We're Really Running Out of Lists: 50 Greatest Album Covers of All Time" when the phone rang. I, of course, didn't answer it as I had that feeling I shouldn't. Who was it? The captain of the team basically giving me a five minute guilt trip for blowing off the game.

Okay, first- it's a softball game. Second of all, the teams sucks. Third of all, I should say they suck because I play so infrequently play I can't really say I'm involved in the suckage. Fourth of all, Jesus Frickin' Christ, is it really worth calling me at 5:45 that afternoon to give me a guilt trip?

I mean, really? People flake, flake, flakedly flake all the time in this city. This city is full of people who flake. And yes, it does make things rather difficult at times, but why is that most people get away with it, yet I do it and wind up get the full guilt-trip for it?

Maybe it's just because he hates the Jews.

No comments: